Details of Safeguarding Officers for each of our churches:
Tel: 01548 830209 Email Adrian
Policy adopted by the Modbury PCC on 17th May 2015.
Tel: 01548 810692 Email Judy
Policy adopted by the Kingston PCC on
Tel: 01548 810028
Policy adopted by the Ringmore PCC on 29th March 2017
Christian communities should be places where all people feel welcomed, respected and safe from abuse.
The Church is particularly called by God to support all people, regardless of age, and especially those who may be regarded as vulnerable. As a Mission Community we are committed to:
- the care, nurture of, and respectful pastoral ministry for all: children, young people and adults
- the safeguarding and protection of children, young people and all adults
- the establishing of safe, caring communities which provide a loving environment where victims of abuse can report or disclose abuse and where they can find support and best practice that contributes to the prevention of abuse.
To this end:
- we will carefully select, support and train all those with any responsibility within the Church, in line with Safer Recruitment principles, including the use of criminal records disclosures and registration/membership of the relevant vetting and barring schemes.
- we will respond without delay to every complaint made, that any adult, child or young person may have been harmed, cooperating with the diocese, police and local authority in any investigation.
- we will seek to offer informed pastoral care to anyone who has suffered abuse, developing with them an appropriate ministry that recognises the importance of understanding the needs of those who have been abused, including their feelings of alienation and/or isolation.
- in as far as we can we will protect survivors of sexual abuse from the possibility of further harm and abuse
- we will challenge any abuse of power, especially by anyone in a position of trust.
- we will seek to offer pastoral care and support, including supervision, and referral to the appropriate authorities, to any member of our church community known to have offended against a child, young person or vulnerable adult.
- we will follow legislation (including that relating to Health and Safety), diocesan policy and safeguarding guidance, and recognised good practice.