The Modbury Mission Community Team
Revd. Matthew Rowland
Vicar of the Modbury Mission Community
The Vicarage, Church Lane,
Modbury, PL21 0QN.
Telephone: 01548 830260. Email Matt
Please could you avoid telephoning The Vicarage between 4:30pm and 7:00pm due to tea and bedtime for children!
Matt’s day off will be Saturdays.
About Mission Communities
There are around 120 mission communities across the Diocese of Exeter. We aim to be mission-oriented, community-focussed and locally-rooted. As God’s people we are called to live out our faith and continue the mission of God as revealed in the life, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
Communities are how we relate to one another. We discover both what we need from others and what we can offer so that all may flourish. In the same way Mission Communities help us as the Church to work together across boundaries and break down a sense of isolation. They enable us to be flexible in our mission and more adept at responding to the different contexts and cultures of Devon.
Not every parish can offer every aspect of the Church’s life and ministry, but by joining in partnership with neighbouring churches and forming a Mission Community we can work together more effectively. This will involve a commitment to:
- regular prayer and worship
- pastoral care
- evangelism and mission,
- opportunities for learning, teaching, nurture and growth for disciples of all ages youth and children’s work and worship
- equipping members for ministry and the development of ministry teams
- ensuring our churches are safe places for all God’s people by working together to prevent abuse
- connecting with the local community especially in service to the marginalised
- good administration and stewardship of time, resources and buildings